Table Of Content
- Education System
- Informal Education system
- Formal Education system
- Main difference between formal and informal education systems
- Evaluating the Common Core And The New High School Graduation Standards
- Three types of education systems
- The common core education system
The term education system refers to public education, not personal education, and most commonly to primary school through college courses. Schools districts are the biggest recognized form of education system in a country and nations. What is the education system? It is the arrangement of students to different levels and different teachers to teach them.
In the United States, there are six education systems namely public elementary school, secondary school, middle school, high school, tertiary school and college. There are many states and cities that offer a wide range of education systems to their residents. Some of the most common ones are listed below. You can select any of them for your child.
Informal Education system
It is the educational system without any form of formal education. all those who are enrolled in schools are taught through general knowledge, and without any form of discipline. All those who are being offered this kind of education are children who are enrolled in schools for their early developmental years. It does not have any level ceiling.
Formal Education system
It is provided by state-funded or funded by federal government units. and offers specific academic degree programs in specified disciplines. It provides information on the academic qualifications and professional credentials of the teachers or trainers. Informal system is one of the two types that provides specialized teaching in specified areas or fields. This type of system usually targets on the students who are in the age group of four to twelve years.
Main difference between formal and informal education systems
One of the main difference between formal and informal education systems is a student group must be organized and it has definite class, date, and venue for every course. Informal education system enables people to work at their own will. There is no requirement for anyone to be present in the classroom. Students can complete assignments, communicate with other students online, or attend workshops by submitting online forms or emails.
The formal education system is an important tool for socialization and self-improvement. It helps us to become responsible human beings by helping us learn from our mistakes and improving our behavior through self-criticism.
It will help them understand the subject matter in a better manner. There are different types available and parents can choose the best for their child. It is very important for them to know that they have a choice and they can either join a school of their choice.
Non-formal education systems include home schooling and teen guidance. Teen guidance is a kind of non-formal education system that consists of parents sending their under-aged children to camps or organizations offering teen guidance or instruction. There are many other forms of this kind of education systems.
Evaluating the Common Core And The New High School Graduation Standards
It is typically make up the public education system at the local, state or national levels. These factors include school facilities, teaching resources, curriculum, staff, compensation, student benefits and many other factors. The system has several purposes to promote social justice, individual freedom and improve the economic welfare of the nation. This is the goal of education.
The education system requires the support of parents, educators and guardians who play an important role in educating their wards. The system aims is to give knowledge and skills to students and make them well-rounded for future through formal and informal education programs. They are differentiated on the basis of the way they provide education to children.
Three types of education systems listed below
- The first type of education system is the primary which is compulsory and lasts for six years. This program mainly includes classroom teaching, learning by teaching, group work and other similar activities. After passing the primary level, children move on to the high school.
- The second type is the elementary system, which is provided at different levels. At the primary level, children taught reading and writing and trained in elementary subjects and at the secondary level, they taught Mathematics, Science, Geometry, Astronomy, English and Spanish.
- The third type is the specialized system. Specialized schools are of many types including professional schools, university or college and technical or vocational schools. Professional schools are normally for those who are from high-income families. University and college are for those from lower income brackets. They offer higher education like undergraduate courses, bachelor degrees, masters, doctoral degrees etc.
The common core education system
these education standards used in forming the academic curriculum. The common core offers all the basic courses in reading, writing, basic math, science, physical education and foreign languages. The idea behind this is to make sure that students achieve and can be eligible for graduation and a bright future. This national curriculum will include state-specific requirements, giving parents more control over their child’s education system.
Parents need to learn how to evaluate these two educational systems and choose the one that best suits their child’s needs. The common core to a student’s education from disadvantaged backgrounds. The new national standard will give students from every background the same opportunity for a better education. there is a big difference between the two.